This is CATHOLIC ONLINE FORUM, it is neither the Daily Kos, Democratic Underground and similar nor Freerepublic.com or Ann Coulter online. Our goal is to understand, not to win arguments. Our God is Christ and no one else, and the Church is our mother.
1) President Obama's agenda on non-negotiable issues that matter to Catholics and all men of good will is terrible. We know that, and we won't let you feel less than informed on the matter. But if you post just to let us know that he's the devil incarnate and that anyone not sharing your hatred for him must be part of some collaborationist sect, then you'd better refrain from posting.
2) OTOH, if you think you can convince us that the best way to fight abortion is to approve of it or just not being overly worried by the positions of the current administration, save your time and ours for more fruitful activities.
3) we are not interested in ad hominem attacks on anyone. We are not interested in what an angel who appeared to you last night told you of the future of the nation unless we all join your group. We are not interested in the thrill you feel everytime The Anointed One's eyes meet yours either. We discuss - and when necessary blast - policies, statements and reasonments, not people, and not for the sake of discussing, but to understand what is a Catholic to think and do of/in a given situation.
4) there isn't one single political/moral issue of the day you can think of that isn't already being discussed in some thread. Use the internal search engine and - IF you have something really mature, interesting and useful to say - join the existing discussion. If what you're interested in is really new, then THINK before posting, what is your aim and how you illustrate your thoughts. Don't revive all the dead discussions you can find just to make you point in favor of or against some political position or policy. We'll ban you.
5) due to recent excesses, we'll adopt a stricter policy on "political" threads. Don't waste time complaining about our staff's decisions. You'll only tempt us to make them worse for you. If you don't like this forum, it's OK, and feel free to dislike it somehwere else.
Life is short and death is certain. Trust your staff and use your time to understand the Catholic faith and to practice it to increase the chances of your salvation. And re-read Rules and Policies.
COL Forum Staff